FFAA is an association of like-minded individuals from across Alberta and guilds from the Edmonton-area fibre art community. There are three types of membership: individual, group, and junior.
- Individual – Any person of the full age of 18 years may become a member by application and upon payment of a membership fee of $20 for 2 years, current membership ends 2018. Individual members have voting privileges.
- Group – Group members have voting privileges in FFAA. Members of the following guilds are automatically members of FFAA:
|Alberta Council of Ukrainian Arts||Edmonton Needlecraft Guild|
|Black Gold Quilt Patch Guild||Edmonton Rug Hooking Guild|
|Edmonton & District Quilters Guild||Edmonton Weavers Guild|
|Edmonton Modern Quilters Guild||Evergreen Spinners and Weavers Guild|
- Junior Member – Any person under the age of 18 years may become a member by application and upon payment of one-half of a membership fee, or $10 for 2 years. Junior members do not have voting privileges.
- Access to a wide variety of FFAA fibre art workshops with preferred fees, after 90 days.
- Advance notification of FFAA events as well as other FFAA member guild events.
- Voting privileges at our Annual General Meeting.
- Opportunities to show your work at our biennial exhibitions. These competitions are judged and feedback is provided to entrants; competitions are open to all.
Networking and Building a Fibre Art Community - Volunteer
Opportunities for networking with other fibre artists include volunteering to assist at workshops, install an exhibition, promote FFAA, participate on committees, and other activities. For details or to volunteer, please contact us at email@example.com.
Members can sign up online to volunteer for the following 2018 events:
- fibre art demonstrations at the Leduc Art Walk, July 14, 2018
Select Other and enter Demonstration
- Creativ Festival West, Sept 6 (set up), show, Fri & Sat, 7 & 8. Times vary. Volunteers still needed for various demonstrations, see page to sign up. https://www.volunteersignup.org/JPX34
- fibre art demonstrations at Alberta Culture Days – September 29 & 30, 2018 (link coming soon)
Funders and Partners